favorite this post Gig/1099 Income? You could get CASH BACK just by filing your taxes hide this posting unhide

 1 2 3 4 5
You could get cash back just by filing your taxes if you earned income from wages (W-2) or a job/gig/self-employed (1099.)

You may qualify for the California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) or the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) even if you didn't make enough money to file. Don't be 1 in 5 who haven't claimed their credit and get the money you deserve. You can even amend your past years' returns. See if you qualify, calculate your refund, find free tax preparation sites and learn more at

What is CalEITC and how can someone receive it?
The cash-back California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) was created by the Governor and Legislature in 2015 as a way to help low-income working families.

CalEITC is designed to be a supplement to the federal Earned Income Tax Credit, which has been around for decades.
Eligible families just need to file their tax returns in order to claim CalEITC and the federal EITC. Families may receive hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars between these two credits.

What's new?
CalEITC just got bigger and better. About 1.1 million additional taxpayers may be eligible for CalEITC in tax year 2017 as a result of legislation signed by Gov. Jerry Brown in July.

As a result, the upper income limit to qualify for CalEITC increased, and for the first time, those who earned self-employment income, including those working in the gig economy, may qualify for the credit.

Under the CalEITC expansion, a parent with an income of $22,300 or less may benefit from the credit if they have one or more qualifying children. That means a parent working full time at the state minimum wage of roughly $10 per hour could qualify.

Information provided by Amador Tuolumne Community Action Agency. A proud partner of CalEITC.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 6482740391


best of [?]