The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
As coordinated by the System Librarian, the Librarian (Technical Services) will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• The original cataloging, including description, authority verification, subject headings, and call number assignment of print and non-print materials and web resources not located in the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) database.
• Evaluating and edit copy cataloging located in the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) database.
• Authority file maintenance, database cleanup projects, and collection evaluation.
• Occasional work at the reference desk may also be required on an as needed basis.
• Knowledge of, or experience with, RDA, MARC format, Library of Congress Subject Headings, Library of Congress Classification System, and Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) preferred.
● Providing reference and information services to students and staff.
● Providing library instruction to students in a variety of settings and formats.
● Designing instructional materials.
● Selecting materials and maintaining an up-to-date collection in subject areas for print, media, and digital collections.
● Using existing and emerging technologies to enhance library services and instruction.
● Fostering and developing information competency skills for students.
● Marketing library resources and programs to students and faculty.
● Promoting and maintaining an effective learning environment in the library.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution in library science, library and information science; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers