Under the general supervision of an assigned administrator / supervisor, assists the Outreach Specialist in providing a variety of student services and information on college programs to facilitate recruitment and retention of students. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Student Services department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
● Explains the college educational outreach program to individuals and community organizations and seeks information concerning the need for additional programs.
● Assists with college activities and events related to outreach and matriculation efforts, which may include visitations to secondary schools and community based organizations.
● Represents the college at feeder (local or service area) high schools.
● Provides information and referrals to students, staff, and community on college programs and procedures.
● May represent the college at community functions and organizational meetings.
● Works with the Outreach Specialist and other student services departments on executing workshops, forums, and related college-sponsored events.
● May assist in the development and/or selection of marketing and promotional materials.
● Serves as a resource person to staff, students, and the community.
● May oversee student workers.
● May assist with tracking student contacts to monitor services required and provide follow-up throughout the enrollment process.
●Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience working in a LRCCD student support services or similar position with related duties or three years working with students and/or target groups in public relations, information campaigns or related field. (One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.)
EDUCATION: Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units). NOTE: One additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for up to 30 semester units (45 quarter units) of the required education.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities