compensation: $67,370 to $98,002 employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Labor Relations Representative
We are seeking a Labor Relations Representative to represent our members covering the geographical area of Chico, CA.
This is a home-office position reporting to the Field Director in the Sacramento Field Office in Stockton, CA. Travel is required approximately 4 days per week. The average travel miles are approximately 320 miles on a weekly basis.
This is a critical time for unions, our members, our communities and our schools. CSEA has been a stable and viable organization since 1927.
The Labor Relations Representative recruits, trains and develops members. The LRR leads, organizes, and mobilizes members for political action, and is their strongest advocate. The LRR assists with representational matters.
CSEA's members work in 750 school districts in California. We represent a diverse group of members which includes para-educators, administrative staff, food service, bus drivers and employees in IT, grounds, maintenance and operations.
This is a great position if you are passionate and committed to improving lives, education and communities.
We are dedicated to expanding the rights of classified school employees by securing benefits, pensions, protections and funding for the service they provide.
Our values for social justice, affordable health care and security for working families are what we fight for. Our advocacy for the rights, dignity and welfare of working people is our mission. If you feel passionate about the work we do, we want you to join us.
Examples of duties
• Recruits and trains members
• Negotiates contracts
• Provides leadership to rank-and-file negotiators and committees in collective bargaining
• Represents members in hearings
• Identifies and develops member leaders, chapter officers and stewards
• Influences members and staff
• Develops members who are committed as advocates for the union
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience
• A strong desire to recruit and mobilize volunteers around social justice issues
• Bachelor's degree in a subject that still excites you
• Work experience relevant to organizing and recruiting new members
• Experience with negotiations, advocacy or dispute resolution is a strong plus
• Excellent communications skills
• Gain trust and confidence of members
• Be a leader who is clear and convincing
• Be strategic
• Work with diverse groups
• Show initiative, creativity and exercise sound judgment
• Be organized, excellent at managing your resources, data and time
• Keep sensitive information confidential
• Be a trusted advisor
• Be cool under pressure
• Balance your life at work with your life outside of work
• Quickly develop an understanding of CSEA culture
• Weekend and evening work will be required, as well as occasional overnight travel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have a California driver's license, insurance and car
A combination of education, experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities will be considered.
The salary range for the Labor Relations Representative is $67,370 - $98,002 with a generous car allowance. Starting salaries are typically at the first step on our salary range. Consideration may be given for exceptional qualifications and experience. We offer 17 paid holidays, 3 weeks' vacation to start and 5 weeks after 7 years, medical benefits for you and your family, life insurance coverage and a pension plan.
Only applications on our web site will be considered. Go to: www.csea.com/employment, upload your resume and write a cover letter that tells us why this ad caught your eye and why we should hire you as our next Labor Relations Representative!
Questions? Contact HR at HREmail@csea.com. Please do not send resumes or other documents to this email.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers