JOB TITLE: TEMPORARY / LIMITED TERM LEGAL PROCESSING CLERK
BILINGUAL ENGLISH/SPANISH STRONGLY PREFERRED
HOURLY WAGES: $15.82-$20.80
FILING DEADLINE: July 6, 2018 at 5:00 PM
**This is a recruitment for a six month limited term opportunity.**
Receives and processes a variety of legal information, material or documents for filing with
the court. Performs specialized clerical work in support of court operations.
• Receives, reviews and prepares legal documents for compliance with filing
• Certification of documents;
• Assists in calendaring regular hearings;
• Prepares correspondence related to legal filings and processes;
• Provides information to attorneys, their staff and the general public relative to the filing
and processing of documents and instruments;
• Receives fees, fines and deposits;
• Issues summonses and subpoenas;
• Works on a variety of office assignments involving legal processes, legal decisions,
court related work, legal research, preparation of legal documents, basic interpretation
and explanation of legal requirements or applicable law;
• Assists in the courtroom as required; and
• Performs related tasks as required.
Two (2) years of typing and clerical work, including some legal clerical experience involving
familiarity with legal terminology. Type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• General office practices and procedures;
• Legal documents and filing systems;
• Basic court proceedings;
• Basic legal terminology
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment;
• Principles and procedures of filing and record keeping; and
• English language usage, grammar spelling and punctuation.
• Perform basic legal clerical work involving speed and accuracy;
• Use legal terms and learn the methods and processes particular to clerical work in the
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions;
• Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing;
• Input data on a computer terminal or personal computer with speed and accuracy;
• Work effectively and cooperatively with others; and
• Provide quality public service.
The Colusa County Superior Court application and Employment Opportunity Announcement may be
obtained from the Colusa County Superior Court, located at 532 Oak Street, Colusa, California,
95932 or you may download application materials from the Court's website at:
The deadline for receipt of all application materials is FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2018 AT
5:00 P.M. All application materials must be filed with the court on or before that date. Faxed or
emailed applications will not be accepted. Applicants are responsible for the timely receipt of
application materials. Candidates are required to submit a completed application which clearly
demonstrates their qualifications for this position. Resumes may not be substituted for any part of the
Completed application materials shall be mailed to or dropped off at Colusa County Superior Court,
532 Oak Street, Colusa, CA, 95932.
The application will be used to select the best qualified applicants to participate in the selection
process. A skills test may be administered to assess the candidate's legal terminology and/or
keyboarding skills. A qualifications appraisal interview will be used to assess the candidate's
knowledge, skills, abilities and training experience. The salary can be negotiable if candidate
possesses exceptional qualifications. The Court Executive Officer will make the final selection and
The above information is general in nature and does not constitute an express or implied contract.
Colusa County Superior Court does not reimburse applicants for any travel or related expenses
incurred in connection with applying for employment.