Receives and processes a variety of legal information, material or documents for filing with the court. Performs specialized clerical work in support of court operations.
• Receives, reviews and prepares legal documents for compliance with filing requirements;
• Certification of documents;
• Assists in calendaring regular hearings;
• Prepares correspondence related to legal filings and processes;
• Provides information to attorneys, their staff and the general public relative to the filing and processing of documents and instruments;
• Receives fees, fines and deposits;
• Issues summonses and subpoenas;
• Works on a variety of office assignments involving legal processes, legal decisions, court related work, legal research, preparation of legal documents, basic interpretation and explanation of legal requirements or
• Assists in the courtroom as required; and
• Performs related tasks as required.
Two (2) years of typing and clerical work, including some legal clerical experience involving familiarity with legal terminology. Type at a speed necessary for successful job performance. Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• General office practices and procedures;
• Legal documents and filing systems;
• Basic court proceedings;
• Basic legal terminology
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment;
• Principles and procedures of filing and record keeping; and
• English language usage, grammar spelling and punctuation.
• Perform basic legal clerical work involving speed and accuracy;
• Use legal terms and learn the methods and processes particular to clerical work in the court;
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions;
• Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing;
• Input data on a computer terminal or personal computer with speed and accuracy;
• Work effectively and cooperatively with others; and
• Provide quality public service.
The Colusa County Superior Court application and Employment Opportunity Announcement may be obtained from the Colusa County Superior Court, located at 532 Oak Street, Colusa, California, 95932 or you may download application materials from the Court's website at: www.colusa.courts.ca.gov.
The deadline for receipt of all application materials is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2019 AT
5:00 P.M. All application materials must be filed with the court on or before that date. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted. Applicants are responsible for the timely receipt of application materials. Candidates are required to submit a completed application which clearly demonstrates their qualifications for this position. Resumes may not be substituted for any part of the official application.
Completed application materials shall be mailed to or dropped off at Colusa County Superior Court, 532 Oak Street, Colusa, CA, 95932.
The application will be used to select the best qualified applicants to participate in the selection process. A skills test may be administered to assess the candidate's legal terminology and/or keyboarding skills. A qualifications appraisal interview will be used to assess the candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities and training experience. The salary can be negotiable if candidate possesses exceptional qualifications. The Court Executive Officer will make the final selection and appointment.
The above information is general in nature and does not constitute an express or implied contract. Colusa County Superior Court does not reimburse applicants for any travel or related expenses incurred in connection with applying for employment.
COLUSA SUPERIOR COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers