I've been living in Roseville for the past 3 1/2 years in an amazing house located in the middle of a commercial nursery. It's been sold, so I need to find another place to live.
* I was born in New Zealand but I've lived in the US for the past 37 years. I don't smoke, and I drink in moderation. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh about 170 lbs at the moment.
* I'm an older guy in great health. Many of my friends are younger guys who enjoy exercise, whether it's gym visits or walking miles through San Francisco. People who know my age comment with amazement that they find it very hard to believe. Isn't that sweet of them? Oh, and I've had both Covid Vaccine shots (Moderna).
* I'm planning to live for at least two hundred years in youthful great health. During that time, I'll look at my real long-term options. :) If you're into metabolic science and the amazing breakthroughs of the past twenty years and particularly the past five years and realize that this is almost in reach, then we would have interesting conversations. During the pandemic, I haven't been going to the gym, but that's going to be on my agenda in the near future. I ride my bike and this time of year is just great for that.
* Longevity has a lot to do with lifestyle: diet, exercise, great sleep, and well-managed stress. Well, that's what clinical research tells us. So that's pretty much how I live, but I'm not a monk.
*I published a book on ketogenic science and lifestyle in 2016 and I began living on a ketogenic diet back in 1996 for health reasons. I'm not fanatical. I think vacations from the diet are wonderful because I like chocolate and sweet things as well.
* I use my chemistry knowledge to make cosmetics. Really, really good skin cream.
* I'm a very good cook. :) I also like to bake (cookies, bread, millionaires shortbread) which makes sense when I'm off my diet for a day or two.
* I'm interested in almost everything scientific: metabolic research to particle physics. If you're into science, great. If not, I won't bore you with it.
* I'm also interested in people and I'm not judgemental. People make their own lifestyle choices in everything and I don't have a problem with the choices people make unless it creates problems in my life. I'm very accepting.
* I've been told by past roommates that I'm the best roommate they've ever had. (That's a lot to live up to, so no promises)
* You like living a healthy life without being fanatical. OK, you can be fairly fanatical if you like, but it isn't a requirement. :)
* You enjoy a physically active life.
* You like good conversation and laughter, but you also like your quiet times.
* You're interested in life and the joy it brings.
* You want an easy-going roommate who cleans up after himself (and after you sometimes, too.)
It all starts with conversation. If you resonate with this rubbish I wrote, say hi and we'll take it from there.
That photo was taken in September, 2018. Later that month, I was admitted to hospital with necrotizing pneumonia, which has about a 70% mortality rate. I was in the ICU for 4 days, unconscious. Then 7 days in the hospital, then three weeks in a rehab facility, where I was told I'd probably never walk again: I'd either be in a wheelchair or be using a walker.
I was walking before I left rehab. I practiced walking up and down stairs.
Today, I'm fine but I need to get back in condition. I like spending time in the gym because I like the people there. They appreciate healthy living. Covid 19 has made me lazy, and I've been living in an environment where people talk about being healthy but don't live up to their their words.
Big smiles all around, and stay amazing.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers