Get ready to rock at the brand-new Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain. Located just north of Sacramento, the Hard Rock brand’s amped-up style, service, and signature hospitality have a new home in Northern California.
QR Code Link to This Post
You’ll have no trouble living the rock-star lifestyle here. Take it up to 11 with live music and entertainment, plus exquisite dining, sleek bars, and world-class gaming.
Apply for the Slot Technician position online at https://hrhcsacramento-hardrock.icims.com/jobs/7567/slot-technician-i/job
See all available positions at https://www.hardrockhotels.com/sacramento/careers
The Slot Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs of slot machines, with infrequent assistance; possesses extensive knowledge of both mechanical and electronic aspects of slot machine repair; provides training or assistance to lesser experienced technicians.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members to provide superior guest service.
- Diagnoses and repairs mechanical and electronic slot machine malfunctions with minimal guidance or assistance.
- Replaces parts and circuit boards which have caused malfunctions and can repair circuit boards with minimal assistance.
- May utilize shop machines to fabricate standard or routine parts.
- Would be considered a technical specialist about slot machines. May occasionally act as a specialist in either mechanical or electronic areas.
- May be given regular assignments as needed to increase overall department technical knowledge.
- Maintains superior skill levels in mechanical and electronic functions.,
- Performs general and preventive maintenance slot machine inspection, machine moving and installation.
- Performs full slot machine programming and set-up as required.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures.
- Consistently communicate effectively with guests, as well as all levels of team members.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates/trainees.
- Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Use all machine test equipment.
- This position spends time on the casino floor and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
- Other duties as assigned.
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through the completion of an Associate’s degree in Electronics or Computer Programming and 2 years of SLOT/Slot repair experience; or through a minimum of 3 years progressive Slot/Slot repair experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming/Lottery regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Team Leadership and motivational skills
- Electronics at the circuit board level.
- Technical experience and training with slots.
- Electronic and computer programming.
- Must be able to work overtime and or change shifts on short notice
- Must be able to use a computer and operate efficiently
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work in a team environment